Newsletter from Lefkada – 5 August 2023
So the UK continues to get drowned, now being battered by Storm Antoni and Northern Ireland had its wettest July on record, whilst the heat blazes on over here. At least the heatwave from hell temperatures are over, but they’re creeping up again to high 30’s, but hopefully not back into the 40’s. Tonight we even have some rain forecast, just for a few hours, sorry holidaymakers but I can’t wait!
Apart from the costs of flights and accommodation in high season this is why I never attempt to run courses in the second half of June, and all of July and August. You never know how hot it’s going to be and heat plays havoc not just with the body but also with the mind in terms of concentration and learning ability. What should be pleasurable would only be exhausting.
September is one of my favourite months and now it’s less than a month away, hurray, bring it on. There are three courses running back to back for the first three weeks of Sept, first arrivals 30 August.
Just a handful of places left, so get in touch if you’d like to find out more including all travel and accommodation options, and here’s a brief update with essential details –
GREEK ISLAND SUMMER SCHOOL – SEPTEMBER COURSES
All courses comprise of 4 study days during your week and are £345.00. Group meals arranged for all evenings, more info about all courses on request.
All courses include working on your own horoscope so you will need to let us know your data – date and place of birth, time of birth as accurately as possible – so that we can prepare your chart in advance of the course.
WEDNESDAY 30 AUGUST – The Astrology of Relationships – with Joanna
Suitable for Beginner to Intermediate level
- 2 of 10 PLACES AVAILABLE
WEDNESDAY 6 SEPT – How to Make Predictions – with Sally Kirkman
Suitable for all levels
- WAS FULL – 1 PLACE AVAILABLE OWING TO A CANCELLATION
WEDNESDAY 13 SEPT – Cards & Charts on the Table – with Joanna
Suitable for all levels for the Tarot, Beginners/Refreshers level for the Astrology
- 2 of 10 PLACES AVAILABLE
NEXT WEEK’S BLOG
If you’re already a subscriber just skip this section. I’ve had several people contact me over the last few weeks to say that they wanted to subscribe to the blog but didn’t know how to do it. There has definitely been some confusion around the PayPal option so here’s the info, hopefully simplified –
HOW TO RECEIVE THE WEEKLY BLOG
- Click on this link and it will take you straight to the home page on my website –
- Stay on the home page, scroll down and you will see 2 payment options, for monthly or annually –
- Monthly subscription of £5.95 – works out at £1.37 a week
- Annual subscription £57.00 – works out at 20% less over the year, at £1.09 a week
You DON’T have to have a PayPal account to use the PayPal button. You can pay as a guest using the yellow button.
Ignore the black one, it’s more complicated but PayPal just automatically put it there so you can’t get rid of it.
OR you can skip the online purchasing procedure completely and do bank transfer, just reply to this newsletter or start a new email email@example.com and I will manually add you to the paid subscribers list.
If you’re missing the weekly blog you can start your subscription this weekend and get the 31 July issue immediately in return, or start receiving with the 7 August issue on Monday.
Topics covered last week in 31 July blog (3.5k words) include –
- Horoscopes for – Sinead O’Connor, Greta Thunberg, Kevin Spacey, Madonna, Meghan, Barack Obama
- Your Venus retrograde in Leo checklist – what to expect, what to do/not do – especially as Chiron turned retrograde at the same time
- Leo women, Leo celebrities in the news
- Full Moon in Aquarius
- Locating the two relevant Houses in your own chart for any Full Moon and what they signify
- The Sun – Mars – Jupiter triple act
- The Mercury – Saturn opposition & why this is tough or bad news
WHAT’S COMING UP THIS WEEK?
Now writing this week’s blog, horoscopes mentioned so far are Justin and Sophie Trudeau, which is leading me into some key relationship astrology info for you, appropriate for a big Venus week ahead.
How do you assess each horoscope in terms of the relationships that individual is destined to experience in this lifetime?
What are the textbook indications for meeting a partner? And for reaching the end of a relationship and separating?
The celestial picture for the week ahead also includes –
- The second of three squares between Venus and Uranus. This middle one forms while Venus is retrograde, find out more about why this merits extra attention
- The major aspect of the Sun – Venus conjunction that happens only once every 10 months and why this event acts as “the heart of the matter”
- Mercury out of Saturn’s shadows and now aligning with Jupiter, the Greater Benefic
- Mercury will get as far as 22 Virgo and then turn direct again 23 August at 8 Virgo. Mercury reached 8 Virgo yesterday (Friday 4 August), which means entering his shadow phase – what does this mean?
- The monthly Moon – Jupiter and Moon – Uranus conjunctions, currently in the same sign of Taurus
RISING SIGNS – LEO & VIRGO
Here are the next 2 signs in my series of interpretations on the signs when seen on the Ascendant. These are both I think especially strong rising signs, as you might agree if you know people with these Ascendants and/or when you see the list of well known people at the end of each section,
Enjoy! With love from Greece
With a Leo Ascendant, regardless of the Sun sign, the ruling planet of the horoscope is the Sun. This planet’s sign and house will be a primary consideration in the process of interpretation.
Physical characteristics: well built and sturdy body, often athletic. The classic leonine look can be even stronger than those with Sun in Leo, notably the broad face, neat or wide-tipped nose and the thick or shaggy mane. Excellent posture is also a distinctive feature.
Manner and speech: can come across as pompous, warmly welcoming, confident or commanding. Often they fear ridicule and they are the experts at assuming the regal manner and putting on the brave face.
Individuals with this rising sign or First House Sun are also natural organizers or entertainers and have a knack for being at the centre of things. They love drama and are quite capable of creating one when life gets too tame, but they are bighearted loyalists and will always rise to the occasion, whether it is celebration or a crisis.
Health: Generally a “love of life” resilient constitution although prone to back problems or disc injuries. A strong heart but susceptible to cardiac problems in later life unless mindful of a “healthy heart” regime of diet and exercise.
Famous Leo Ascendants:
- King Charles & Queen Camilla – both 5 degrees Leo
- Catherine, Princess of Wales – Asc 20 Leo, the exact position of the Sun – Venus conjunction
- Celine Dion & late husband René Angélil – both 2 degrees Leo
- Beyonce Knowles
- Christopher Reeve
- Donald Trump
- Heidi Klum
- Jack Nicholson
- Luciano Pavarotti
- Marilyn Monroe
- Meryl Streep
- Taylor Swift
- Tina Turner
With a Virgo Ascendant, regardless of the Sun sign, the ruling planet of the horoscope is Mercury. This planet’s sign and house will be a primary consideration in the process of interpretation.
Virgo Ascendant/or Mercury in any sign in the First House:
Physical characteristics: often a youthful vibe, square head or face, girlish or boyish features that tend to be on the small side but well proportioned, deep set but lively or questioning eyes, sometimes a prominent forehead.
Manner and speech: can come across as superior, critical, inquisitive or particular. With this rising sign or a first house Mercury everything is put through an analytical sieve until an exact understanding of a person, situation or task has been reached. They generally take nothing as gospel without checking it out for themselves. They have painstaking patience, superb attention to detail and a talent for precision in the honing of their talents and crafts, but often set the bar too high in their expectations of others. Meticulous care over personal appearance is also a common characteristic.
Health: Health consciousness is usually pronounced, especially in later years. Prone to conditions related to anxiety, intestinal problems, food allergies or workaholism.
Famous Virgo Ascendants:
- Brigitte Macron
- Charlize Theron
- Gene Kelly
- J R R Tolkien
- Nicole Scherzinger
- Paul McCartney
- Paul Simon
- Roger Federer
- Steve Jobs
- Tiger Woods
- Tom Hanks
- Walt Disney