I’m back from a trip to London and back to the blog.
What’s happening this week?
The Astrology Blog – w/b 25 November 2013
I’m always talking about new cycles but of course, by definition, such moments signal the closing of old ones. This is a particularly strong theme as the week kicks off, a message that fittingly comes through Mercury – who in mythology is Hermes, winged messenger of the gods, and the planet of all communication:
- Mercury is reaching the end of his unusually long journey (nearly 10 weeks instead of the usual 2 to 4) through the powerful and complex water sign of Scorpio. There’s another ten days to go before he moves on into the next sign of Sagittarius.
- Along the way he conjuncts (joins up with) Saturn in the early hours of tomorrow morning. Because Mercury has been retrograde – moving forwards, backwards and then forwards again – this aspect is being formed for the third and final time. The first two dates for this aspect were 8th and 29th October.
- Also on Wednesday Mercury reaches 18.22 Scorpio, the degree at which he turned retrograde on 21st October, and this is the end of the Shadow period.
So, whatever issue has been unfolding for you during the last two months is reaching a finale. This is a picture of hidden matters coming to light, the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, and the time is right for decisions, resolutions and finding answers, even if they’re not ideal or the ones you really wanted – such is the nature of Saturn. Work with the “this is as good as it gets” message – which includes accepting the things that you’ve tried to change but can’t, and recognizing where your responsibility in a situation starts and ends.
In particular note any issue that carries the symbolism of Scorpio – secrecy, matters of great personal intimacy, shifting the locus of control back to yourself rather than giving power to others to dictate your life, addictions, areas that need total change, matters on which you are no longer prepared to compromise, feeling the fear and doing it anyway – and so on. Scorpio governs all that relates to the life/death/rebirth cycle and very often this involves hitting a rock bottom first. To flesh out the picture further, my feedback from clients this last couple of weeks has included a relative admitting to secret and compulsive gambling, a marriage being saved with a “gloves off” conversation about sex, a third in a row second-hand car breaking down, and a hefty fine for driving without insurance when genuinely believing to be covered. Mercury rules paperwork and transport!
The second half of the week is more cheerful – hurray. Again Mercury is a key player:
- Thursday 28th – Venus opposite Jupiter, with Mercury sextile (harmonious) Venus, and trine (harmonious) Jupiter. Venus and Jupiter are known as the “benefics” in astrology. Expect good news, a lucky break, a positive plan for the future – especially linked to travel, learning and legal matters.
- Saturday 30th – Sun trine Uranus. Note that the Sun exited Scorpio on the 22nd and is now in fiery and forwards looking Sagittarius. The Sun’s first aspect was a challenging square to Neptune (confusion/illusion) that was exact yesterday, but the trine to Uranus is vibrant, proactive and linked to breakthroughs and insights that can happen in an instant. Sagittarius rules truth and justice, underlining the bigger picture message of solving mysteries and moving on. At a less psychological level Uranus rules groups and get-togethers, and Sagittarius loves to have fun, so it’s a great weekend for parties or for getting into the festive spirit.
I’ll leave you with Eric Francis’ words for his weekly horoscope for Sagittarius – which beautifully sums up the shift from Neptune’s uncertainty to the wake-up call of revolutionary Uranus:
“Be not deceived by the unreal. Embrace what is true. It may take you a few days to figure out one from the other, so slow down and observe, listen and consider what you learn. Over the next week, the influences … shift from idealism and denial to awakening. If you make the effort to be objective now, your awakening will be one of resplendent clarity rather than a shock.”
By Eric Francis of Planet Waves
Don’t forget you can book now for any of the Greek Island Summer School courses in 2014 if you want to explore the fascinating subjects of astrology or tarot for yourself, and enjoy a week on this beautiful Greek island of Lefkada
5 May – 6 places available
19 May – 4 places available
4 places available
3 places available
4 places available
If you have any queries or would like to reserve a place please contact Joanna direct.
For an overview of the month and your November horoscope here’s the link to the column on Network She