Well, every time Mercury goes retrograde I say it can’t be as bad as the last one. I am going to stop saying that. Last week was horrible, which I attribute to the dominance of Saturn/Pluto too, and I was right about that midpoint possibly setting the tone of things to come in terms of major change… that’s another subject on which, in the spirit of retrograde Mercury, I am going to remain mysterious for now… especially as this time Mercury is retrograde in Pisces, the emotional water sign that rules the sea, in all its boundlessness and inky depths. This is the current backdrop to life.
What I will throw into the melting pot here is that Mercury’s retrograde periods this year are in the water signs – in Cancer end of June/to 20 July and in Scorpio 21 October/10 November. For now note lessons learned/to carry forwards. Mine are:
- Most people are extraordinarily compassionate – you only have to reach out
- You have to find your own coping strategies and sometimes this means giving the wrong impression
- Learning what to share and what to keep to oneself is essentially about boundaries
- You don’t have to answer every question that people ask you, even when it’s asked with the kindest of intentions
- In a world of constant information/communication you don’t have to answer the phone every time it rings, you don’t have to answer every text the minute it lands
- As I said last week you can, when needed, buy yourself time
All of this seems apposite as back to the present moment today brings the New Moon in Pisces. This is like The Star in the Tarot – hope, redemption, gentle new beginnings, reconnecting with what really matters and giving your emotional world a new lease of life. It’s not about understanding everything – in fact, I think it’s about accepting that not everything can be understood. That is the function of air – element of the mind. The New Moon in mystical Pisces is a “feeling” New Moon. Follow your instincts, trust that there is a bigger picture and let life’s tides carry you forwards in readiness for Mercury turning direct again on Sunday night.
In the meantime this doesn’t mean that this week is a non starter. Quite the opposite. Mars enters his own sign of Aries tomorrow morning (happens once every 2 years) and this is like a taster of the Spring Equinox – coming next Wednesday, when the Sun arrives at 0 degrees of Aries, the beginning of the astrological year. From tomorrow then you can start to set things in motion … not in a tearing hurry, but with a definite sense of point and purpose that will gradually gather momentum and meaning.
Go gently, and CLICK BELOW for the link to this week’s column: