GREEK ISLAND SUMMER SCHOOL 2020
As I wrote a couple of weeks ago the summer season got off to a late start in Greece, but has thankfully continued uninterrupted. It’s still relatively quiet as August hasn’t brought the usual crowds of Italians Serbians or Scandinavian tourists. And less visitors from the UK too also mean extremely competitive flight prices for the end of this season.
NO SELF ISOLATING AFTER YOUR HOLIDAY
As everyone is aware there is a list of countries, issued by the UK government, that necessitate self isolation for 14 days after your holiday. Greece is NOT on this list and it is unlikely in the extreme that it will be added.
Greece has the best Covid record in Europe, so far recording 216 deaths in the entire country, 97% of which have been the elderly with underlying health issues. This was achieved by a very rapid lockdown early on in the pandemic and strict border controls ever since.
What is a PLF form?
Arrivals by land have to produce a negative Covid test result from the previous 72 hours at Greek borders but you do NOT have to do this if you are flying from England on a direct flight into any Greek airport. The only thing you have to do before you fly is complete the Passenger Locator Form. This is to let the authorities know how to find you during your stay if necessary. It’s your responsibility to complete this form, and your airline should alert you as you’re not allowed to travel to Greece without it, but you don’t have to wait for airlines to tell you. Just go straight to this link –
Greece observes distancing and hygiene rules. The wearing of masks is compulsory in all shops and places of business, such as the banks, post office etc. All bars and restaurants are in outdoor spaces but even so social distancing is being observed with tables and seating areas being spaced out. Every time I go to the beach my sunbed is disinfected before I’m allowed to lie on it, and again the sunbeds are placed further apart to meet the 2 meter rule.
The second half of the Summer School season is going ahead with four courses through September and going into October. These are two courses with me followed by two with Elisabeth Brooke.
THE FIRST COURSE MAY BE MOVED FROM WEEK BEGINNING 2ND TO THE 6TH – IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE PLEASE CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHICH DATE SUITS YOU BETTER.
- Wednesday 2nd OR Sunday 6th September – Practising Astrology – Chart Interpretation & Predictive Techniques (with Joanna)
- The aim of this course is to discover how to “move” on a horoscope, how to convert the astrological information into meaning and bring each chart to life with accurate interpretation. We will revise the traditional symbolism of signs, planets, houses and aspects with the aim of deciphering patterns, locating “teams and themes” and applying this technique to as many charts as possible, including your own.
- You will learn how to bring the natal chart to life with transits and other timing techniques for predictive work. You will need to send me your personal data at the time of booking, ie your date and place of birth, and time of birth as accurately as possible.
- Wednesday 16th September – Cards on the Table – Tarot for all levels (with Joanna)
- Tarot is magical, fun, easy to learn – and incredibly helpful! You can do everything from looking at daily concerns to your picture for the next six months to asking specific questions – such as love, money, work, moving or anything that is currently close to your or your client’s heart.
- You will learn the card meanings in depth, how to choose spreads and how to develop your psychic sixth sense in order to arrive at accurate judgments. The course material is designed in such a way that this course will be suitable for all levels. You will need to bring your own pack of cards with you, preferably the Rider Waite deck.
- Wednesday 23rd September – Astrology, Karma & Destiny (with Elisabeth Brooke)
- Your birth chart shows your Soul’s journey, how you chose to come in to this life. The Sun, Moon and planets illustrate how different aspects of your destiny work out in your everyday life. Working with your own chart, and those of famous people, you can begin to understand how to maximise the gifts of your horoscope and how the issues and challenges of your personal astrology appear both in your life and those of loved ones.
- This course offers you the opportunity to discover creative ways to surmount challenges. Knowledge is power, and understanding our deepest motivation allows us to live the best life possible.
- Wednesday 30 September – Astrology, Herbs & Health (with Elisabeth Brooke)
- Your birth chart shows how you can attain optimal health by working out your innate constitution or temperament with reference to the four elements, Fire, Air, Earth and Water and the four Temperaments, Choleric, Phlegmatic, Sanguine and Melancholic.
- In Traditional Herbalism healing herbs are ruled by the seven planets, so you will learn which herbs best suit your Temperament and their individual medicinal virtues. A day trip to look at some of the beautiful herbs growing around Nidri will be arranged as part of the course.
Both Easy Jet (Gatwick) and British Airways (Heathrow) now have direct flights to Preveza. On some weeks flights with Olympic Holidays are also available. You can also mix and match these flights if you want to fly out of one airport and back into the other. Please contact me direct for updated flight prices and options.
SIZE OF GROUPS
At the beginning of the year many of the courses were nearly full, we were looking at the busiest ever year of the Summer School, but then obviously it all came to a screaming halt! A few students transferred flight tickets rather than taking a refund but overall I’m anticipating taking groups of much lower numbers for these few courses, between 4 and 8 (rather than 10 – 12 as usual).
New garden furniture has already arrived, a lovely long pine table with benches in addition to the big round table that some of you know, to ensure that we can easily observe social distancing spacing during class hours. And it all fits comfortably under the shaded area too.
The Summer School hotel – for those who arrive on flight only rather than on a package deal – is The Palmyra, just along the beach from The Christiana where many students have stayed over the past few years. It’s a more upmarket venue, including swimming pool, bar and private beach area. It’s a small family run place, and the owner Savva and his wife Vicky both speak excellent English. So does Katerina who runs the bar, and I’ve known her for 25 years. They are all very friendly and helpful. It’s about 8 to 10 minutes walk to the main harbour and seafront tavernas.
We have an excellent local surgery with a 24 hour call out service. We also have a brand new hospital in Lefkas town, 15 minutes drive from Nidri. You are covered for health care with an EHIC card until Brexit happens. Please make sure you bring your EHIC card with you or ensure that you are covered by other private health insurance.
Do get in touch if you have any questions, no matter how small, and you can also contact Elisabeth direct –
Love from Greece,