ASTROLOGY IN GREECE WITH VISITING TUTOR ELISABETH BROOKE
Jupiter, planet of foreign travel and “higher mind” learning turned direct this morning – after 4 months of being retrograde. So now is the turning point and this is to update you on what’s happening in Greece and at the Greek Island Summer School in September and October.
NO SELF ISOLATING AFTER YOUR HOLIDAY
As everyone is aware there is a list of countries, issued by the UK government, that necessitate self isolation for 14 days after your holiday. Greece is NOT on this list as a whole country and it is unlikely in the extreme that it will be added. SOME of the Greek islands are on the list but only the big party/tourist hotspots like Mykonos, Zante, Crete etc.
Lefkada simply isn’t in that category, it’s very quiet and peaceful here as we coast along to the end of the season, all bars, tavernas and shops remain open and the weather is beautiful. The forecast for end of Sept and first week of Oct is sunshine with an average temperature of around 28 degrees.
Greece has the best Covid record in Europe, so far recording less than 300 deaths in the entire country, 97% of which have been the elderly with underlying health issues. This was achieved by a very rapid lockdown early on in the pandemic and strict border controls ever since.
What is a PLF form?
Arrivals by land have to produce a negative Covid test result from the previous 72 hours at Greek borders but you do NOT have to do this if you are flying from England on a direct flight into any Greek airport.
The only thing you have to do before you fly is complete the Passenger Locator Form. This is to let the authorities know how to find you during your stay if necessary. It’s your responsibility to complete this form, and your airline should alert you as you’re not allowed to travel to Greece without it, but you don’t have to wait for airlines to tell you. Just go straight to this link –
Greece observes distancing and hygiene rules. The wearing of masks is compulsory in all shops and places of business, such as the banks, post office etc. All bars and restaurants are in outdoor spaces but even so social distancing is being observed with tables and seating areas being spaced out. Every time I go to the beach my sunbed is disinfected before I’m allowed to lie on it, and again the sunbeds are placed further apart to meet the 2 meter rule.
Below is where I spend my siesta time!
The Summer School is going ahead with the Tarot course starting this coming week with me, and then two more courses with returning tutor Elisabeth Brooke. If you’re a “last minuter” do get in touch asap about the Tarot course.
All courses are £345.00 which includes 17 hours of tuition time, all course material, teas and coffees during study hours and your taxi service from your hotel to the house on the four study days.
Wednesday 16th September – Cards on the Table – Tarot for all levels (with Joanna)
- Tarot is magical, fun, easy to learn – and incredibly helpful! You can do everything from looking at daily concerns to your picture for the next six months to asking specific questions – such as love, money, work, moving or anything that is currently close to your or your client’s heart.
- You will learn the card meanings in depth, how to choose spreads and how to develop your psychic sixth sense in order to arrive at accurate judgments. The course material is designed in such a way that this course will be suitable for all levels. You will need to bring your own pack of cards with you, preferably the Rider Waite deck.
ELISABETH’S ASTROLOGY COURSES ARE SUITABLE FOR ALL LEVELS AND INCLUDE WORK ON YOUR OWN CHART. IF YOU WANT TO BOOK A PLACE PLEASE ALSO HAVE YOUR BIRTH DATA TO HAND SO THAT ELISABETH CAN PREPARE YOUR HOROSCOPE IN ADVANCE.
Wednesday 23rd September – Astrology, Karma & Destiny (with Elisabeth Brooke)
- Your birth chart shows your Soul’s journey, how you chose to come in to this life. The Sun, Moon and planets illustrate how different aspects of your destiny work out in your everyday life. Working with your own chart, and those of famous people, you can begin to understand how to maximise the gifts of your horoscope and how the issues and challenges of your personal astrology appear both in your life and those of loved ones.
- This course offers you the opportunity to discover creative ways to surmount challenges. Knowledge is power, and understanding our deepest motivation allows us to live the best life possible.
Wednesday 30 September – Astrology, Herbs & Health (with Elisabeth Brooke)
- Your birth chart shows how you can attain optimal health by working out your innate constitution or temperament with reference to the four elements, Fire, Air, Earth and Water and the four Temperaments, Choleric, Phlegmatic, Sanguine and Melancholic.
- In Traditional Herbalism healing herbs are ruled by the seven planets, so you will learn which herbs best suit your Temperament and their individual medicinal virtues. A day trip to look at some of the beautiful herbs growing around Nidri will be arranged as part of the course.
Both Easy Jet (Gatwick) and British Airways (Heathrow) have direct flights to Preveza. Prices are the lowest ever. Please contact me direct for updated flight prices and options as they change all the time.
SIZE OF GROUPS
At the beginning of the year many of the courses were nearly full, we were looking at the busiest ever year of the Summer School, but then obviously it all came to a screaming halt! Many students have delayed until next year so these courses with Elisabeth will have fewer numbers than usual, you’d be looking at joining a group of between 4 and 6 people. There is plenty of outdoor space in my teaching area to observe social distancing easily.
The Summer School hotel – for those who arrive on flight only rather than on a package deal – is The Palmyra, on the beach, including swimming pool, bar and private beach area. It’s a small family run place, and the owner Savva and his wife Vicky both speak excellent English. So does Katerina who runs the bar, and I’ve known her for 25 years. They are all very friendly and helpful. It’s about 8 to 10 minutes walk to the main harbour and seafront tavernas.
Contact me direct for prices, including breakfast.
We have an excellent local surgery with a 24 hour call out service. We also have a brand new hospital in Lefkas town, 15 minutes drive from Nidri. You are covered for health care with an EHIC card until Brexit happens. Please make sure you bring your EHIC card with you or ensure that you are covered by other private health insurance.
Do get in touch if you have any questions, no matter how small, and you can also contact Elisabeth direct –
Love from Greece,