NO SELF ISOLATING AFTER YOUR HOLIDAY
As everyone is aware there is a list of countries, issued by the UK government, that necessitate self isolation for 14 days after your holiday. Greece is NOT on this list as a whole country and it is unlikely in the extreme that it will be added. SOME of the Greek islands are on the list but only the big party/tourist hotspots like Mykonos, Zante, Crete etc.
Lefkada simply isn’t in that category, it’s very quiet and peaceful here as we coast along to the end of the season, and most of our bars, tavernas and shops remain open through Sept and first week of Oct.
WEATHER FORECAST is sunshine, the occasional shower, daytime temperature of 25 to 28 degrees. Very mild evenings, nighttime temperature doesn’t drop below 20 degrees. Perfect for eating out in the evenings on the seafront or beach tavernas.
Greece observes distancing and hygiene rules. The wearing of masks is compulsory in all shops and places of business, such as the banks, post office etc. All bars and restaurants are in outdoor spaces but even so social distancing is being observed with tables and seating areas being spaced out. Sunbeds are disinfected after every use and are placed further apart than usual to meet the 2 meter rule.
Below is where I spend my siesta time!
There are two courses to come, hosted and assisted by me at my home and taught by Elisabeth Brooke. Below you can see that my home is a bungalow set in a large garden, the covered area is your classroom, and we are surrounded by mountains – and no neighbours! Peace and quiet 🙂
This is Elisabeth’s third season running as a visiting tutor
Elisabeth is a Herbalist and Astrologer with forty years of experience in both fields. She has taught classes and workshops worldwide and has a private practice in London.
Elisabeth is the author of the best selling A Woman’s Book of Herbs (The Women’s Press, 1992) and five other books, including her new work Traditional Herbal Western Medicine (January 2019), and A Woman’s Book of Shadows which is all about magic and which was reissued in April.
Her website is www.elisabethbrooke.com
All courses are £345.00 which includes tuition time spread over 4 of the 7 days, all course material, teas and coffees during study hours and your taxi service from your hotel to the house on the four study days.
ELISABETH’S ASTROLOGY COURSES ARE SUITABLE FOR ALL LEVELS AND INCLUDE WORK ON YOUR OWN CHART. IF YOU WANT TO BOOK A PLACE PLEASE ALSO HAVE YOUR BIRTH DATA TO HAND SO THAT WE CAN PREPARE YOUR HOROSCOPE IN ADVANCE.
Wednesday 23rd September
Astrology, Karma & Destiny
(4 of 8 places available)
- Your birth chart shows your Soul’s journey, how you chose to come in to this life. The Sun, Moon and planets illustrate how different aspects of your destiny work out in your everyday life. Working with your own chart, and those of famous people, you can begin to understand how to maximise the gifts of your horoscope and how the issues and challenges of your personal astrology appear both in your life and those of loved ones.
- This course offers you the opportunity to discover creative ways to surmount challenges. Knowledge is power, and understanding our deepest motivation allows us to live the best life possible.
Wednesday 30 September
Astrology, Herbs & Health
(3 of 8 places available)
- Your birth chart shows how you can attain optimal health by working out your innate constitution or temperament with reference to the four elements, Fire, Air, Earth and Water and the four Temperaments, Choleric, Phlegmatic, Sanguine and Melancholic.
- In Traditional Herbalism healing herbs are ruled by the seven planets, so you will learn which herbs best suit your Temperament and their individual medicinal virtues. A day trip to look at some of the beautiful herbs growing around Nidri will be arranged as part of the course.
FLIGHTS & HOTEL
There are prebooked private rooms at a beachfront hotel for all Summer School students. Contact me direct for full details.
Both Easy Jet (Gatwick) and British Airways (Heathrow) have direct flights to Preveza. Prices are the lowest ever. It’s best to contact me direct for updated flight prices and options as they change all the time, but as of this morning –
- Easy Jet Return Gatwick – £99.00
- British Airways inbound from Heathrow – Easy Jet back from Gatwick £112.00
SIZE OF GROUPS
At the beginning of the year many of the courses were nearly full, we were looking at the busiest ever year of the Summer School, but then obviously it all came to a screaming halt! Many students have delayed until next year so these courses with Elisabeth will have fewer numbers than usual, you’d be looking at joining a group of between 4 and 6 people. There is plenty of outdoor space in my teaching area as you can see above to observe social distancing easily.
What is a PLF form?
The only thing you have to do before you fly is complete the Passenger Locator Form. This is to let the authorities know how to find you during your stay if necessary. It’s your responsibility to complete this form, and your airline should alert you as you’re not allowed to travel to Greece without it, but you don’t have to wait for airlines to tell you. Just go straight to this link –
We have an excellent local surgery with a 24 hour call out service. We also have a brand new hospital in Lefkas town, 15 minutes drive from Nidri. You are covered for health care with an EHIC card until Brexit happens. Please make sure you bring your EHIC card with you or ensure that you are covered by other private health insurance.
Do get in touch if you have any other questions, no matter how small, and you can also contact Elisabeth direct –
Love from Greece,